The Wine Society
The Wine Society is owned by its members and exists exclusively for their benefit. Founded in 1874, its aim is to introduce members to the best of the world’s vineyards at a fair price.
After more than 130 years The Society continues to be owned solely by its members (one share each) and trades only with them. The focus, as defined in 1874, continues to make available to its members, the highest possible quality of wines and services at the best possible prices.
Because the Wine Society only trades with its members, membership satisfaction is paramount. This means any mix-ups with the deliveries or delays in time could be damaging to The Wine Societies’ reputation.
The Wine Society has grown rapidly since its birth in 1874, with a large fleet of own delivery vans and new temperature controlled warehouses. This growth in size and increased need for more sophisticated haulage saw The Wine Society seek help from Advantedg.
The Wine Society required new software licenses and Micronet pen tablets to improve communications between warehouses and drivers to ensure they make speedy and accurate deliveries of high quality wine to their members. The software needed to monitor and control all data, from the type and amount of product to be delivered, to the required holding temperature of the vans and the delivery address of the customer. The software also needed to have an effective reporting system so The Wine Society could review orders on a daily basis and manage their distribution effectively.
- No manual override ensure that business rules are adhered to
- Front-end screens are intuitive and match the sequence of drivers’ delivery tasks, reducing time and cutting out complexity of manual processes
- Drivers don’t have to keep track of business rule changes because the screen does it all for them
- Greater accuracy and quality of documentation reduces customer queries
- Stock information is always up to date, allowing driver to know exactly what’s on the van